Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar 473mL
Product details of Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar 473mL
- Used in centuries for cooking and medicine
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy.
People have used it for centuries in cooking and medicine.
Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
What’s more, evidence suggests it may offer health benefits, such as aiding weight loss, reducing cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels, and improving the symptoms of diabetes. 6 possible health benefits of apple cider vinegar
1. High in healthful substances Acetic acid gives vinegar its strong sour smell and flavor. Researchers believe this acid is responsible for apple cider vinegar’s health benefits. Cider vinegars are 5–6% acetic acid.
Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar also contains a substance called mother, which consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance.
2. Can help kill harmful bacteria Vinegar can help kill pathogens, including bacterias like Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans. People have traditionally used vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting, treating nail fungus, lice, warts, and ear infections.
3. May help lower blood sugar levels and manage diabetes To date, one of the most convincing applications of vinegar is helping treat type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is characterized by high blood sugar levels caused by insulin resistance or the inability to produce insulin.
4. May aid weight loss Perhaps surprisingly, studies show that vinegar could help people lose weight. Several human studies show that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness. This can lead you to eat fewer calories and lose weight. For example, according to one study, taking vinegar along with a high carb meal led to increased feelings of fullness, causing participants to eat 200–275 fewer calories throughout the rest of the day.
5. Improves heart health in animals Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death. Several biological factors are linked to your risk of heart disease. Research suggests that vinegar could improve several of these risk factors. However, many of the studies were conducted in animals. These animal studies suggest that apple cider vinegar can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, as well as several other heart disease risk factors.
6. May boost skin health Apple cider vinegar is a common remedy for skin conditions like dry skin and eczema. The skin is naturally slightly acidic. Using topical apple cider vinegar could help rebalance the natural pH of the skin, improving the protective skin barrier.